At first, Red State said that there is a 50-50 chance that Tom Coburn, Ben Sasse or Mitt Romney will launch an Independent Presidential bid.
Time is running out though. In fact, if this happens, there will have to be a court challenge in Texas as the deadline has already passed to be on the ballot there in November. Whoever decides to do this has to raise money fast, put together a team and hit the ground running. It’s a tall order. -Red State
Then the same publication goes on to describe why it’s obviously going to be a bad idea:
- The whole idea of a third party, at least at this juncture, has no animating force beyond #NeverTrump. /snip
- We are very late in the day to be contemplating a third party candidacy. Texas, for instance, closed its ballot on May 9. Any third party candidate there will have to run as a write-in. /snip
- Mostly because a conservative third party wading into the election this late is only going to beclown itself. /snip
- Mitt Romney?? Are You F***ing Kidding Me? /snip
- We Are Thoroughly Screwed And A Third Party Isn’t Going To Make the Experience More Pleasant
Okay, so what they’re saying above is actually quite accurate, but still, why the schizophrenic stance of the issue? Make up your minds kiddies.
Maybe because they eventually announce that Mitt Romney has called it all off?
Well, that’s that. Mitt Romney has apparently suspended his efforts to recruit a third party candidate to run against Trump and Clinton, and has indicated that he will not run himself.
It’s okay guys. We know news runs as fast as diarrhea out of a dog’s ass. Or maybe you’re a bit behind the game?